generated by sloganizer.net

9.12.2007

going stag...

so, i recently was invited to a bachelorette party and wedding...and it was a blast. the bride and groom i met separately at beach volleyball, two separate weeks. THey travel for work a lot, and even though i didn't know they were together til their wedding, i knew when i met them both that they are solid, wonderful people. She and i hit it off right away and have been hanging out ever since. the tuesday after the bachelorette party and before the wedding she invited me to the her special day. The bachelorette party included dinner and dancing--bars in chitown are open til 4am and we were essentially kicked out of the club. but for the wedding, i had to find something to wear in 3 days to a 'black-tie-optional' event. and while my friends from Grand rapids offered the suggestion of wearing a black tie, i figured i had to do something a little better than that. now, i don't have a picture of me in my dress and hot shoes from the wedding, and even though i'm a dork, i'm not going to post pics that i sent my sister and mom to help me decide what to wear, pictures that were taken by yours truly in my own apartment. either way, these are a few pics i took before my batteries died and my camera didn't work anymore. what's the use of having the camera if the batteries die...boooo...

yay, the happy couple!!!

these are four of the 5 non-wedding-party people that i knew at the reception. the camera died during the pic of the 5th and her husband. she's awesome too, tho. they were loads of fun and great dancers...
always good with an open bar!!! and oh, the guy in the background is videotaping the reception...it looks like he's looking through a telescope or something, but he walked around with a tripod on wheels the whole night. all the guys with cameras had long ponytails and kind of creaped us out...
i don't know what i was saying, but i think something about making sure my eyes were open for this one...

chicago weddings are fun!!

oh, and i found out that the church in My Big Fat Greek Wedding is this church, the one i attend on a semi-regular basis... how cool is that!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home