generated by sloganizer.net

11.05.2006

the leaking sink saga continues

so, a while a go, i had to get my sink fixed.

it didn't work.

yesterday the corner in my kitchen that has been chronically wet since i moved in had enough water to drench the towel i put down so that i wouldn't get my knees wet. (that didn't work very well).

this morning, just before i left for church, i stepped into a puddle in my bathroom. i proceeded to check my kitchen too, and both floors had corners with almost a quarter inch of water. back in the bathroom, i saw water visibly leaking from between the tub, wall and floor, and it was collecting in what is really a dip in the tiling. booo.

so, i called my landlord..pronto. and told him this needs to be fixed. the conversation went over well, the landlord explaining that he'd send someone over tomorrow and have it fixed, as it's "not rocket science". i thought to myself, if it's not rocket science, the guy should've fixed this correctly the FIRST time. but i didn't say it. he also asked "so this is what the guy is going to see tomorrow?" as if i'm making the shit up or something. as if it's my goal in life to bother my landlord every few weeks with stories of an illeged leak. i said, "well, if it stays the way it is now, yes". of course, i came home from church to find an almost dried out bathroom and kitchen floor. probably b/c i hadn't used the water in a while...duh...but i'm worried that the guy's gonna come tomorrow and all the puddles will have dried up again. however, mr. landlord, it doesn't mean that i was imagining the leakage in the first place...for the record. boo...

AND. i almost had a nervous breakdown again last night when i went to my bedroom to crawl in bed and i found 4...count em...one, two, three, four centipedes in my room. it had been a few weeks since i had a massive spider in there, and i really thought i had gotten over the whole thing...the whole, living, breathing, crawling sick and nasty things that have to infest my life and make me miserable. after the spider incident, i slept with the light on for two days...with a pillow case over my head so that it was still dark, and nothing could crawl into my mouth. you may call me crazy, and normally, i would too. but i really have trouble breathing when this happens, and for some reason that helps. so, last night, after an almost crying phone call to my mother at 12:30 in the morning, i vacuumed my room, sprayed along the bottom of every wall with lysol (as i don't have raid), left the light on, called my pooch onto my bed for comfort, covered my face with the extra pillow case and fell asleep. as of this moment, i haven't seen another living creature in my apartment (knock on wood).

as you may be thinking, i've learned techniques on how to deal with phobias...with behavior that has obviously impaired my better judgement and has begun inconveniencing my life. but, i must tell you, if one person even so much as begins to suggest the idea of any form of desensitization, we can no longer be friends...EVER. though, in self analysis, i have noticed that even though i've never enjoyed little bugs, my reaction to them in general has definitely worsened in the last few years. sometimes i think back to the joyous days when one spider didn't make both my breathing and heart rate double. i have done something productive though...when i have persistent thoughts of whatever bug i saw, i intentionally try to change those thoughts to a different visual picture...i don't let myself dwell on them, and it often helps, even just a bit. cognitive behavioral therapy and REBT anyone? uh..yeah. anyway,i just became aware of the fact that i probably just gave away WAY too much info about my crazy self...moving on

ok. so, beyond that, i've finally put up pictures and art work in my place, and my apartment looks actually quite a lot better, much more like a home. even though i'm not quite done yet, it's already much better:)

tonight, i'm headed to hear Faure's Requiem...i'm excited:)

2 Comments:

Blogger bexala said...

sweetie...how can you breathe? i'd be more afraid of the lack of breathing abilities through one's pillowcase than the bugs...

i'm sorry the bugs are coming in - it's that time of year. yech.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Reshae said...

i don't stick my head in a pillow case, i just lay it over my face...i'm crazy..i know. breathing isn't a problem...unless i breath in a bug...eeeuuuwwwww...

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home