generated by sloganizer.net

10.22.2006

not to be totally cliche...

so, i was reading random blogs this morning and i came across some quotes that i liked. take what you want from them:)

"To really ask is to open the door to the whirlwind. The answer may annihilate the question and the questioner."

Anne Rice

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."

Anais Nin

"She's been everybody else's girl. Maybe one day she'll be her own."

Tori Amos

i guess each quote touched home for me a little...as i've been in a questioning time for a while now, trying to answer tough questions, figure out who i am...two tasks that i think i'll never finish. i know that after college people kind of expect that you've figured yourself out, or at least come to know who you are, what you think about things and what you want out of life...now that you're finally past those torturous adolescent/highschool years. however, while i have done a lot of soul searching/self searching, and have a handle on at least part of who i am, i continue to realize how much i don't know about myself, about life and about what the hell we're all supposed to be doing here.

1 Comments:

Blogger swtpmarie said...

I wish you could have heard the sermon I heard last night. Knocked my socks off and tore down some walls in my heart. Talk about new beginnings. I'm hoping I come to really appreciate this season of life that we're in. I was a crying fool last night.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home