generated by sloganizer.net

2.28.2008

My Day Off...

So, turns out...even on my day off, i find ways to be on the computer.

i took the day off because i was seriously feeling like i was going insane, or brain dead...either way, i needed a break. there are only so many assessments and care plans that one can do in a row without losing all sense of sanity. And in my business, we are trying to keep people from the brink of 'going crazy', so i figured i need to give myself the same care that we try to give our members, and have some 'me time'. I also glad i took the day off because...a few weeks ago my boss at the restaurant asked if i could help out more during the week. now, i know that i have a problem with saying no when people need help, and i think i can handle anything, so i said, 'Sure, let me know what days you need help with and i'll see what i can do'. Sunday his wife came to me and asked if i could work Wednesday and i said 'ok' (for the record: i have told her no in the past, and usually dictate my schedule completely, so i'm not a complete pushover!!). So, not only did i nearly lose sanity at my real job, i then had to run home, let my pooch out for 3 minutes and head out to work from 5-10pm as a server (please don't call pet control on me...i know that's near abuse...i'm making up for it today!!). Thanks to constantly telling myself 'you don't have to work tomorrow', and the fact that 4 cops at the end of my shift that gave me a $12 tip, i made $50 and came home to finish an episode of Sex and the City and head to bed.

this morning has been pretty productive. Of course i couldn't sleep in past 7:45am, but laying in bed for 45 minutes, knowing you don't HAVE to get up, and you won't be going to work is beyond heaven. i decided to get up and shower before Oprah at 9. I'm not a huge fanatic Oprah lover, but when i don't work, i try to watch her, just cause i can. Problem #1: getting up after 7am usually means there's no hot water left in the building, and today was no exception. I had to wash my hair in the sink with semi-warm water...urgh. Problem #2: i decided to cut my hair but got a little scissor happy and it's a little shorter than i had originally meant. Oops!! Problem #3: Five minutes after starting Oprah, (i was still cutting my hair), i heard from the tv the music that comes when there's a 'special news update' that interrupts regular programing. So, instead of watching Oprah and why getting older is great and no one should be afraid of it cause there are so many great things out there to do etc...i had to watch BUSH, yes Sir President, in a press conference, in which he continued to talk shit about how we're not in a recession and how our national security is at stake and we're all DOOMED if he's not allowed to listen in on all of our personal phone calls. I really only watched cause i was hoping that it wouldn't be very long and i could get back to Oprah. Of course it was over 2 minutes before the hour and with commercials, i didn't see Oprah anymore. Stupid Bush. But h was able to do laundry and make myself pancakes and eggs..yum!!

Anyways...the Real reason i took off today is because i've decided to look into other housing options. I think i wrote a while back about looking at buying a home, and then decided i didn't want to at the time. I'm still not convinced i should, but i don't feel like i did enough research to know for sure that it's not right for me. I spent last friday evening with some friends, all of whom essentially ganged up on me and said i'm crazy if i don't buy b/c it's such a great investment. I'm not jumping into it, but i'm giving it another look, a real look. I'm also interested in looking at other rental options. I feel like though i Love where i live and really couldn't ask for better, i'm sick of freezing in my apartment, with no relief from the landlords and i need to find something else for next year. i've been looking in two different neighborhoods that have somewhat cheaper rent, but they are much farther from downtown than i am now...so it's a struggle to know what to do. Also, two friends of mine recently found out that they'll be moving into an apartment close to mine, and two other friends already live within short walking distances...so leaving this area would really suck. I'm just not sure i can find anything else around here comparable in price that will let me have my dog...

so, my quest for the afternoon is to get information so that i can figure out what i'm going to do, or at least start the process...

we'll see!!

Tonight's plans include going to see a play 'A Steady Rain' , and then tomorrow night is The General, an old silent film by Buster Keaton music by the Chicago Symphony. I'm so excited:):):)

1 Comments:

Blogger swtpmarie said...

well my dear...I have entered the rent-no-more stage of life. I'm currently trying to buy a townhome and hope to close on Mar 21. SCARY!!! but I'm excited too. I would love to talk more about this with you...I NEVER thought I'd be buying as a single woman but now I just can't wait to settle in and not worry about where I'll be next. Love you! And ps --I'll be in GR for the Festival of Faith and Writing in April...

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home