generated by sloganizer.net

4.12.2007

itching for a change...

so, with both my father and my brother recently purchasing new cars...and with me running my car into the ground, i've been doing some research in the vehicle department in case my car goes caput...and because if my bro and dad can do it...why the hell can't i:):):)...anyways, this beauty: is the one i have my eye on...and it won't get out of my head.
last time i was in GR i test drove this baby with my dad, and i wasn't sure i liked the inside, but fell in love with the exterior...it's fantastic. the more i think about it, the more i think how freakin fabulous it would be to have this car. problem is...MONEY...and even though the price is in a range i could afford...it would be a bit of a stretch and i wouldn't be able to pay off some of my loans as quickly. i've always been against spending a lot of money just out of school, and working on getting a handle on loans...but i've realized that with the line of work i'm in, having a dependable car is essential and i have days when i feel like...uh, if my car dies in this neighborhood i'm royally screwed...which isn't nice to have to worry about.

would i be trying to chase happiness and resolve in making a purchase that would really only bring more stress and money related chaos to my life? or would it be me allowing myself a pleasure in life that i work my ass off for???

in all reality, i know that any car i might purchase isn't going anywhere soon...if i wait 2 weeks, or 2 yrs, i'll be able to find a car to purchase, but i reallly, reallllly like this one, and kind of am itching to get one...if i ignore this itch will it go away? or does it have to be scratched in order for relief to come?? i guess only time will tell...

4 Comments:

Blogger Clemosaurus Rex said...

Buy Used....that's my policy.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Just don't forget, if you buy a new car, its value automatically decreases by like $5,000 the instant you drive it off the lot. I don't think new is worth it, unless you're a millionaire and money doesn't matter to you.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure that I agree. You can't buy a one year used car for $5000 less than the original price. One would have to wait 3 or 4 years to get that much of a reduction. Besides, if you decide to keep the car for several years, one wouldn't see that "decrease" anyway. With a new car you have a good warrantee, something you would have to pay extra for with a used car. Also, the interest rate for a new car is substantially lower than with a used car, especially with an older used car.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lots to think about-ideas from all perspectives. In the end you weigh all the information and make the best decision you can. Cute car, and safety in the inner city is important.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home